Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

My Must-Have Makeup Picks


Hey lovelies! As you all may know that my love for fashion and style is what kick started this blog. However, I've always had a fascination with makeup. I'm no Jacqueline Hill or Carli Bybel and I probably make lots of beauty faux pas when it comes to makeup and skin care, but I feel like with many years of trial and error I have learned what I like and don't like when it comes to different makeup products. I've learned my holy grail products and mastered an everyday-makeup routine. I thought we'd change focus today and explore some of my favourite makeup products. 



Eyes - The first ever makeup item I have ever used is black eyeliner back when I was in Gr. 6. Our middle school let us wear minimal makeup and I though Id rock some black eyeliner to school one day. From then, I've gone through my fair share of eyeliners and have turned into an eyeliner fanatic. I've search for years for the perfect eyeliner that does not crease, transfer, is water resist and does dry up super easily. A friend recommended the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, a brush tip eyeliner, and now I can not live without it; it is my holy grail eyeliner and I don't think I can ever go back to felt tip liners or gel liners. 

My favourite mascara and one that I use everyday is the Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara. Why change what works right? I always go for the waterproof formula because I find it gives my lashes more of a curl and help to make them stand out. 

Untitled #48Lips - It has only been recently in the last year or so that I started to experiment with lipstick. Now, I can not live without a perfect red lip to complete my outfits. My favourite red lipstick is the Chanel Rouge Coco in 470 Marthe and the MAC Retro Liquid Lipcolour in Dance with Me.

For years I have searched for my everyday lipstick, something that was neutral - sort of like a my lips but better colour. I discovered the L'orĂ©al Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude and fell in love. With a moisturizing and silky consistency and really fulfilled my idea of a my lips but better colour, I was in love. Sadly the drugstores around my area stopped carrying it, so I was back on the hunt for the perfect nude. As a long time fan of the Marc Jacobs beauty line I found my self obsessing over the New Nudes collection and the Lip Lacquer Lip glosses. They have replaced my nourishing nude lipstick and look adorable in my handbag. Can we take a minute to appreciate their packaging?! My go to lip combo at the moment is New Nudes Sheer Gel Lipstick in Role Play with a layer of the Enamoured Hi-Shine Lip Lacquer Lipgloss in Rebel Rebel layered overtop. 

Face - My favourite moisturizer has to the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration. I have dry to normal skin and living in Canada where it is cold, I get a lot to dry patches and this stuff does wonders for my skin. I always apply moisturizer prior to applying any concealer or foundation as an preemptive measure from having cakey makeup, this way everything applies more smoothly.


These are just a few of my the fourteen I have found throughout the last few years and what has worked for me. I'd love to hear some of your favourite in the comments below! Keep an eye out for a post on my makeup routine and what products I wear on a regular basis.

Like always, thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...